- Referral – We will receive your information and check that we are the right service to offer help. If we are, we will contact you to book an assessment appointment.
- Assessment – We will contact you (usually by telephone) for a 30 minute discussion about your difficulties and whether we can help.
- Outcome agreed – We will agree the best way forward for you. This could be treatment with steps2change, signposting to another service, or discharge.
- Waiting for treatment – You will be placed on a waiting list to receive treatment from us. We will give you advice on the help which is available while you are waiting.
- Starting your appointments - When you come to the top of the list, you will be offered an appointment to start your treatment with us.
- Finishing treatment - Once your treatment comes to an end, we will agree whether you will be discharged or need further help from us or another service.